X pausing until mouse move (collecting commonalities)

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 27 06:03:42 PDT 2008

Coleman Kane wrote:
> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>>> I think I know why.  Build xorg-server without HAL support option
>>> and the attached patch.  With HAL support (default) and hald
>>> running, xorg-server auto-detects individual ports with input.mouse
>>> capability even without configuration lines in xorg.conf.  If moused
>>> is enabled and USB mouse is used, /dev/ums0 is directly used because
>>> there is a problem in MD code (see attached patch).  If moused is
>>> enabled and PS/2 mouse is used, you end up with two input devices
>>> via /dev/sysmouse and /dev/psm0.  I couldn't find a cleaner way to
>>> fix this problem, though. :-(
>>>

>> Thanks for finding this.  Here is a patch for hal which adds a mouse
>> addon.  The mouse addon polls to find whether or not moused has a given
>> mouse device open.  If it does, it sets the input device to
>> be /dev/sysmouse instead of the actual device.  Hopefully it will fix
>> the problem without needing to disable hal support in X.  I have also
>> merged your gettimeofday patches, jkim.
>>
>> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/hal.diff
>>
>> Joe
> I had to apply the attached change to your patch in order to get it to
> work (addon/ should be addons/). Attached is the diff to your diff
> that worked for me.
>
> --
> Coleman Kane
Unfortunately, I still experience the same mouse-blocked behavior after
applying this patch, reinstalling the port, and then restarting my
machine (and setting the mouse device back to SysMouse and /dev/sysmouse
in xorg.conf, and re-enabling moused).

--
Coleman Kane