xorg 7.2->7.3 update and i810/intel driver

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at weinberg2.de
Wed Mar 26 14:16:36 PDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:18:09 -0700
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net> wrote:

KO> > Now everything looks like it should on my monitor. I still don't
KO> > understand where the connected LVDS comes from, though. Moreover,
KO> > I would like to have a possibility to do this xrandr settings
KO> > automatically when starting X. Any hints?

KO> Put the commands in .xinitrc? Or in your session config if your
KO> setup supports it.

I'm using kdm for logon, and I would like to set the resolution right
when kdm starts. I found /usr/local/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc, but this
seems to be an example that is not really executed. Maybe I'll find
something in the docs for kdm (I have a faint remembrance that I knew
all these things some years ago, but I tend to forget things I do not
need frequently).

KO> xrandr --addmode VGA2 1280x1024
KO> xrandr --addmode VGA2 1024x768
KO> xrandr --output VGA2 --mode 1280x1024

Hm, if this stuff finally works, I will have a try with 7.3 on my
notebook. I never got it to work properly with beamers so far, because
it always uses the display's resolution fot the external VGA port (and
most beamers do not handle 1600x1050 that well :-).

cu
  Gerrit