xdpyinfo is broken

John E Hein jhein at timing.com
Fri Mar 14 11:18:10 PDT 2008

Florent Thoumie wrote at 15:47 +0000 on Mar 14, 2008:
 > On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:36 AM, John E Hein <jhein at timing.com> wrote:
 > >  xdpyinfo has USE_XORG=xext x11 xtst
 > >
 > >  libXtst depends on inputproto which should install XInput.h
 > >
 > >  It looks like it has listed the dependency to me.
 > >
 > >  It looks like Joe's log shows 'pkg_add libXtst-1.0.3.tbz'
 > >  Did the libXtst install not install XInput.h?
 >
 > USE_XORG=inputproto will only add inputproto as a build-time
 > dependency, not a run-time dependency. That means, if you're
 > installing libXtst via packages, inputproto won't be installed.
 >
 > LibX11 used to run-depend on inputproto until a couple days ago when I
 > changed it (as suggested by libX11 configure.ac/x11.pc.in). Xdpyinfo
 > was lacking some dependencies, including libXi which run-depends on
 > inputproto.
 >
 > I already committed a fix for this one.

Woops, my bad - you're right, of course.  I knew that build deps won't
be installed, but I thought XInput.h was actually part of libXtst.

I did 'pkg_info -W /usr/local/include/X11/extensions/XInput.h'
and thought it pointed at libXtst ("I could have sworn...").
Today I ran it again and it points to inputproto.  I'm slightly
confused since I've never misread anything before in my life ;)