X11 will freeze when moused enabled

Eric L. Chen d9364104 at mail.nchu.edu.tw
Wed Mar 5 01:23:14 UTC 2008

Hi All,
I create a new thread to discuss X11 freeze when moused enabled and
mouse stillness.

I am running 7-STATBEL/i386, March 2, 2008 (UTC) cvsup'd.

In my test,
i) moused enabled, use /dev/sysmouse in xorg.conf, X11 will freeze if
mouse not moving.

ii) moused disabled, use /dev/psm0 in xorg.conf. Every thing works fine.

iii) moused disabled, use Bluetooth mouse, use /dev/sysmouse (bthidd
write mouse event to /dev/sysmouse directly) in xorg.conf, works fine.

So, I think this problem is caused by moused. Since bthidd and X11 can
handle mouse events with /dev/sysmouse properly. But moused and X11
cannot work with /ev/sysmouse.

/Eric