capslock led after upgrade to xorg-server-1.4.2,1

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Jun 19 18:05:31 UTC 2008

on 19/06/2008 19:08 Paul B. Mahol said the following:
> On 6/19/08, Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:
>> on 19/06/2008 16:37 Paul B. Mahol said the following:
>>> It is upstream issue/regression. I liked how it was before ... but
>>> Xorg devs have different opinion.
>> Could you please expand a little bit on this? particular commit or
>> discussion or something?
>>

> xset led {1-32} doesnt work any more as it was before (only Scroll
> Lock LED can be turned on/off).
>
> I guess it was caused by new version of xf86-input drivers, I never
> found issue so imortant to fix it myself.

I don't think that this is related to my issue.
In fact, I think that what you described is controlled by
xkeyboard-config settings.
In /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/compat/led* allowExplicit is set only for
Scroll Lock, Num Lock and Caps Lock have !allowExplicit. That means that
X applications can not directly change them, which is exactly what you
describe.
This is still configurable, but not in a convenient way though.

--
Andriy Gapon