Unable to get the trackpad on my Macbook Core2 Duo to work

Rohit Grover rgrover1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 01:29:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm having trouble configuring Xorg on my Core 2 Duo Apple MacBook.
I have followed instructions from a blog at
http://goddess-gate.com/dc2/index.php/post/251 in installing Freebsd7.0
Release on it, and configuring X.
I am using the xf86-video-intel driver instead of the original i810, and X
starts alright.
Unfortunately, the trackpad doesn't work. Neither does an external USB
mouse.

I have referred to the following instructions (excerpted from the blog
above) in configuring X, but to no avail.

> Mouse setup
>
> You will have to use "Auto" mouse protocol. As the trackpad doesn't work
> well (instable mouse pointer, absolute positionning between display and
> trackpad surface), you have to use an USB mouse.
> When you're asked if you want to emulate 3 buttons, answer "n".
> When you're asked which device to use, you may have to answer "/dev/ums0".
> Adapt to your real needs.

Could someone please help me out with the trackpad/mouse for my Macbook?
thanks.

regards,