Failure in xorg-apps port install

John E Hein jhein at timing.com
Tue Jun 17 16:14:50 UTC 2008

Jeff Eckermann wrote at 21:25 -0700 on Jun 16, 2008:
   .
   .
 > ===>   xdriinfo-1.0.2 depends on shared library: GL.1 - found
 > ===>  Configuring for xdriinfo-1.0.2
   .
   .
 > configure: error: cannot find GL library - make sure Mesa or other OpenGL package is installed
 > See `config.log' for more details.
 > ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
 >
 > server# ls /var/db/pkg

[list in orig email omitted, but note there's no libGL listed]
   .
   .

[from config.log ...]

configure:3718: cc -o conftest -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe    conftest.c -lGL -L/usr/local/lib -lX11    >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
configure:3724: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

So the port can find _a_ libGL ('ldconfig -r | grep libGL'), but the
configure script is looking specifically in /usr/local/lib.

And there's no installed package that I saw in your list that might
have libGL.*.

Perhaps you updated from an old x install that was in /usr/X11R6 and
there's still a libGL there and somehow you blew away the /var/db/pkg
entry for that one?

If so, remove (or move away) the old version in /usr/X11R6 and try to
build again.