FreeBSD Port: xf86-video-radeonhd-1.2.1_1

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 16 20:09:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 21:27 +0200, Rene Ladan wrote:
> Coleman Kane schreef:
> > On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 18:41 +0200, jean-christophe wrote:
> >> hello,
> >>
> >> i would like know if a new version of radeonhd port is prevu.
> >>
> >> i read in the xorg wiki that the 3D support for my carte was bear with a
> >> latest version of radeonhd and there dependances.
> >>
> >> i am not enough any experiences in freebsd for modify him self the port.
> >>
> >> i am with freebsd-current and it isn't with the actualy version of
> >> radeonhd.
> >>
> >> i am waiting for install blender for working in my project.
> >>
> >> if not updating this port soon i must try to update him self but i am
> >> not your experience and i was need more time as you to get a fonctionnal
> >> port.
> >>
> >> thanks for your reply.
> >> best regard
> >> jean-christophe.
> >
> > Probably not until they release a new driver. However, I've just been
> > following their git tree directly and that works pretty well for me.
> >
> ( omitting ports@ )
>
> Works here too, except that I'm now getting a "drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22"
> message when starting something which uses dri.  I have these options in
> my 7.0R box:
>
> device vga
> options VESA
> device agp
>
> and I have drm and radeon loaded as module.  Maybe some code is out of sync?
> Maybe that's also the cause of the black window syndrome?
>
> Regards,
> Rene

Oh, to be fair I've been using the "ati" driver instead of "radeonhd"
for dri lately. I've been using "radeonhd" for 2D-only X sessions (since
the ati driver sucks for 2D only). I cannot get radeonhd to actually do
DRI properly for me (RS690), I just get a black window for glxgears,
etc...

--
Coleman Kane