Error in I830WaitLpRing()

Jimmie James jimmiejaz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 00:56:55 UTC 2008

Switching from i810 to intel and I still get the same error as reported
in this PR: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=118778

Using the Option "NoAccel"  with the intel driver seems to help, but at
a loss of features (mplayer doesn't work in full screen, no DRI, etc)

My original PR on this, Wed, 16 Apr 2008

http://pastebin.ca/986954 Console messages /Xorg.0.log
http://pastebin.ca/983903 dmesg
http://pastebin.ca/983910 xorg.conf
http://pastebin.ca/983911 pciconf -vl

Error in I830WaitLpRing(), timeout for 2 seconds
pgetbl_ctl: 0x3ffc0001getbl_err: 0x0
ipeir: 0 iphdr: 7d000006
LP ring tail: 1afa0 head: 1ad64 len: 1f001 start 0
eir: 0 esr: 0 emr: ffff
instdone: fa41 instpm: 0
memmode: 108 instps: 800f00c4
hwstam: fffe ier: 2 imr: 8 iir: 80
Ring at virtual 0x2884d000 head 0x1ad64 tail 0x1afa0 count 143

That error causes me to have to reboot to get X working again. This
machine has been running over a year without problems, this is something
new in the last week or two (I didn't update ports, too busy working, so
I can't pinpoint the date the change happened, only that on Sat.12th
Apr.or Sun the 13th I updated)

--
Over the years I've come to regard you as people I've met.
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing.