x11-drivers/xf86-video-mga: current issues

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Sat Jan 26 08:18:06 PST 2008

I'll jump into this thread:

I just tried a Matrox G450 PCI on FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 with
xf86-video-mga-1.4.7,1 and it locks up the machine.

This card used to work fine for years in VGA mode up to Xorg 6.9
on FreeBSD 5-STABLE/alpha.  Then X11 was reorganized and after I
managed to get it to compile again, it would lock up the machine.
Since I was pretty much the last guy running X11 on alpha, I gave
up.

Today I tried that card on 8.0-CURRENT/amd64.  Without xorg.conf
the server complains about a missing fbdev module and quits.
X -configure produced a sensible looking xorg.conf, though.  With
that xorg.conf, the X server proceeds to start and LOCKS UP the
entire machine.  So I guess it isn't only a problem on the moribound
alpha.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de