problem with radeon X1400 under freebsd 8-current

jackal me at jackal.in
Thu Dec 18 00:17:45 PST 2008

Hello,

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 19:01:08 you wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 10:58 +0300, jackal wrote:
> > Hello,

> > > Disabling colortiling makes the difference, but doesn't solve the
> > > problem. I have updated screenshots page with it.
> > > Now I'll try to update xorg...
> >
> > I updated xorg (with portupgrade), but the problem persists...
> > Btw, I can't compile synaptics driver:
>
> *sigh*  Ok, I have one more trick up my sleeve before we start digging
> for new issues.  Please give this patch a go...
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm_scatter.patch

Yes! It works perfect. Even 3D works! Thank you very much!

> > Stop in /usr/ports/x11-drivers/synaptics.
>
> synaptics or a branch of it...  is now being developed in Xorg as
> xf86-input-synaptics.  I think flz@ had added it into the patch already,
> but I don't think that version works.  I have it updated and working in
> my current tree, but xserver 1.6 has a lot of input device changes that
> I am working through.

xf86-input-synaptics compiled ok, but it doesn't work, as you said.

(II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input//synaptics_drv.so
dlopen: /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input//synaptics_drv.so: Undefined
symbol "psm_proto_operations"
(EE) Failed to load /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input//synaptics_drv.so
(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
(EE) Failed to load module "synaptics" (loader failed, 7)

Did I understand correctly, that it wouldn't work for now?

--
Kind regards, Eugeny.