xrandr-1.2.2 + multihead = broken

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Dec 12 07:57:16 PST 2008

> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:05:40 -0800
> From: vehemens <vehemens at verizon.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org
>
> It appears that xrandr-1.2.2 cannot be used for multi-head setup.  Upgrading
> to version 1.2.3 fixed it.  Not sure if this was the only problem, as I also
> updated my ati video driver with a recent git snapshot during the debug.
>
> Running recent versions of 7.1 and ports on an AMD 6400 for reference.
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem?

What sort of graphics is involved?

I just configured a system with ATI Radeon 7000 using xrandr-1.2.2 and
had no problems at all with my dual-headed config. I set the resolution
and the relationship between the screens with xrandr with normal
results.

I am also running a recent 7.1 from 12/9, but it's an old 2 GHz P4. Are
you running i386 or amd64?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)