[CFT] drm updates

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 21 03:01:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 17:59 +0200, Guido Falsi wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:04:04PM -0400, Robert Noland wrote:
> > I have prepared a set of patches for drm kernel modules against -CURRENT
> > and -STABLE.  I would like to get this into HEAD fairly soon.
> >
> > This update has the latest vblank rework bits in it, so if you have
> > hardware that can disable vblank irq's (radeon, intel) you should see
> > the irq counts drop if there are no vblank consumers running.
> >
> > i915 suspend/resume support is included.
> >
> > For Intel, this should pick up support for the g33 chipsets as well.
> >
> > Lots of other fixes here and there...
> >
> > The patches are located at http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland
> >
> > robert.
>
> Hello!
>
> Having an HP DC7800 here at work (which has an intel Q35 on board) I
> grabbed your patches and gave them a shot.
>
> after compiling the kernel (had to add dev/drm/i915_suspend.c to
> conf/files, the patch did not do this) I rebooted and it now looks all
> is going like a charm.

Ok, I've uploaded a new set of patches.  These fix all of the
potentially blocking issues that I am aware of.

Those were:
The locking issue that Kostik pointed out.
I didn't fix the cosmetic one, none of that code is used.
There was a panic on intel hardware when restarting X.
conf/files update is now included.

I did commit a fix to libdrm (note that isn't drm modules) in git which
addressed an issue with ioctl's on amd64.  We will need to track that
patch locally for the time being.

I have not heard of any other regressions or critical issues, so I'll
let this round of patches bake for a few days and probably try and push
it into HEAD sometime next week.

robert.