[CFT] drm updates

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 20 15:11:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 01:48 -0700, vehemens wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 07:13:41 am Coleman Kane wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 22:40 -0700, vehemens wrote:
> > >
> > > On a side note, I haven't been able to run any of the recent xservers
> > > without getting a segmentation violation in the mouse driver at startup.
> > > Are you seeing this problem as well?
> > > works:
> > > 2008-07-04 00:04:19
> > > d78bebb20a00e8519788c75c90b467a5750c78be
> > > broken:
> > > 2008-07-08 02:39:00
> > > 66fb253082ea42179180303393e48846208987fa
> >
> > Yeah, you'll need to update to the latest inputproto, libXi, and the
> > xf86-input-mouse driver. The bsd-specific mouse bits gots moved around
> > and ar no longer in the xserver. They are now part of the mouse driver
> > code, iirc.
> >
> > I needed commit f3f0a5520ed7edac3867a97f5a001b91c870563e to
> > xf86-input-mouse. The message that the server throws is highly unhelpful
> > in this situation.
>
> I was running the latest version of inputproto, libXi, and xf86-input-mouse at
> the time.  I have just updated inputproto, libXi and the radeonhd with the
> latest round of changes.  I already had the xf86-input-mouse changes.
>
> I'm still seeing problems.
>
> What's the commit number and date of the xserver your running?

Try turning up the verbosity on your X-server. I am actually using the
synaptics driver for my touchpad, and not the standard moused driver as
I just remembered. I think I do get the crash after all if I plug in my
USB mice... I wrestled with the problem almost a month ago so it is kind
of foggy for me now. I think, though, that the standard mouse driver was
crashing in the X server, according to GDB.

--
Coleman Kane