[CFT] drm updates

Coleman Kane cokane at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 15 23:38:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 16:12 -0700, vehemens wrote:
> On Friday 15 August 2008 07:41:27 am Coleman Kane wrote:
> > Do you host any of the patches publicly right now? I'd be more than
> > happy to test them out and see how well they work with my RS690. Right
> > now my GPU is unusable for EXA or DRI using xf86-video-ati
> > (intermittently works) or xf86-video-radeonhd (never works, displays
> > artifacts, then screeches to a halt).
>
> After thinking about your stability problems a bit more, xserver has recently
> received a number of EXA improvements, R500 MESA/DRM support is fairly
> recent, and the drivers are a moving target a well.  Few (none?) of these
> improvements are in the official FreeBSD src/ports trees.
>
> I'll send you a xf86-video-radeonhd tarball that I just created and tested
> with my HD 2660 PRO.  It may help, but I suspect that other parts of the X
> tree will need to be updated as well.

I've been tracking the following masters from fd.o git:

mesa/drm dri2proto fontsproto glproto inputproto kbproto libX11
libXdamage libXfont libXtst libxcb libxtrans mesa/mesa xorg-server
x11proto randrproto xcb-proto xextproto xf86driproto xproto libXext
libXi libXrandr libpciaccess libxkbfile libxkbui xf86-video-ati
xf86-video-radeonhd xf86-input-keyboard xf86-input-mouse

--
Coleman Kane