[CFT] drm updates

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 14 15:52:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 08:29 +0200, Rene Ladan wrote:
> Robert Noland schreef:
> > I have prepared a set of patches for drm kernel modules against -CURRENT
> > and -STABLE.  I would like to get this into HEAD fairly soon.
> >
> > This update has the latest vblank rework bits in it, so if you have
> > hardware that can disable vblank irq's (radeon, intel) you should see
> > the irq counts drop if there are no vblank consumers running.
> >
> drm-fix-master.patch isn't yet pushed into libdrm, right?  Your latest
> commit was 7a3d6624c47d87bdd46f5394b8cc5130c7a4ed0d on 2008-07-25

While that patch was fine on bsd... I was getting a bit of push-back as
it required minor changes on the linux side.  The gem code was pushed
into git master last weekend, which totally broke the build of at least
the intel driver.  For this, I've drawn a line in the sand to try and
get an update in at least -CURRENT.

The changes that were required to prevent the vt switch panic are rolled
up in this changeset.

Finally, there is a push to move drm development into a linux kernel
tree and I'm not sure how I am going to try and deal with that if it
officially happens.  For now, at least gem is being developed outside of
drm.git and then merged.

If the change takes place, I may end up moving development to a private
repo, or just working in our src tree.  That makes some things easier,
while other things (merging and tracking changes) will become more
difficult.  We will just have to see how it plays out.

Anyway, this changeset is split from drm.git just prior to the gem
merge, with a few additional patches added.

robert.