Mapping Control-Delete to BackSpace

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Aug 4 13:11:55 UTC 2008

on 20/07/2008 01:47 Jeremie Le Hen said the following:
> Hi there!
>
> Please Cc: me when replying.
>
> The backspace key on my laptop is dead.  I'd like to map Control-Delete
> to BackSpace using xmodmap(1).  It's straightforward to do for
> Shift-Delete, but I can't  figure out how to do so for Control-Delete.
>
> Any help would be welcome.

Not sure about xmodmap but you can modify your
/usr/local/share/X11/xkb/symbols/pc to have the following definition for
Delete key:

key <DELE>  { type="PC_CONTROL_LEVEL2", [ Delete, BackSpace ] };

You can do more research on XKB configuration and how to do the above in
non-intrusive way.
The key thing here is you need to change type of Delete key to
control-modifiable.

--
Andriy Gapon