FreeBSD Port: x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel

Jimmie James jimmiejaz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:05:21 UTC 2008

> >> Any chance of seeing the latest Intel 2.4.0 drivers ported across to
FreeBSD
>>> -it finally supports the G35 chipset that my motherboard uses.Yes I know
>>> they have only been released last Wednesday ;-)     but I am prepared to
>>> wait so I can finally get my motherboard working (only VESA at present).

>> I'll happily commit it if you can test it.
>>
>> Just bump PORTVERSION to 2.4.0, run `make makesum` and `make all install clean`.

>I just tested it on two laptops here and it works fine on both of them.

>One of them has a 915GM chipset and the other one has a 965GM.

>I have had to run with the NoAccel option turned on for a while but
>that is now no longer neccesary. Very nice.

Quick question for you Christian, you were running with NoAccel, were
you getting this error with it?

Error in I830WaitLpRing(), timeout for 2 seconds
(WW) intel(0): PRB0_CTL (0x0001f001) indicates ring buffer enabled
(WW) intel(0): PRB0_HEAD (0x13e1ad64) and PRB0_TAIL (0x0001afa8)
indicate ring buffer not flushed
(WW) intel(0): Existing errors found in hardware state.

I'd love if this new version has fixed this problem.

--
Over the years I've come to regard you as people I've met.