oddity with update to 7.3 and the mouse

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Sep 25 22:35:19 PDT 2007

> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:58:30 -0400
> From: "Zane C.B." <v.velox at vvelox.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org
>
> I've run into a most odd issue. I have two screen setup in
> non-xinerama mode and if I move the mouse over to the new screen, it
> gets setup there and I can't move it back.
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier     "X.org Configured"
>         Screen      0  "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"
>         Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
>         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>         InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
> EndSection
>
> Also on  side note, I use the nvidia driver as well.

You make number 4 to report this, all with nVidia cards. For the record,
which nVidia card so you have?

No word on when to expect a new nVidia driver, but I sure hope it is
soon and that it fixes this weirdness.

Also, your "ServerLayout" specifies the location of the screens relative
to each other, but with no fixed reference. I guess that this works, but
every ServerLayout I have seen places one screen (Screen0) at 0 0 and
sets other screens relative to that. (Then, again, I have not seen all
that many config files, so I may be simply clueless.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)