ports/116551: x11/xorg - Various applications crash the xserver on r100 radeon / Xorg 7.3

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Mon Sep 24 08:20:06 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/116551; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, adamk at voicenet.com
Subject: Re: ports/116551: x11/xorg - Various applications crash the
	xserver on r100 radeon / Xorg 7.3
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:10:46 -0400

 Thanks to Thanks to Vermaden, I tried this instead:

 Section "Extensions"
   Option "RENDER" "Disable"
 EndSection

 That did completely disable RENDER, and allows me to run xclock, gnome,
 xfce4, and every other application I've tried that previously crashed my
 machine, so I have confirmed that this is a problem with the RENDER
 extension.

 Any suggestions on how I can further debug this so I can get RENDER
 working?

 Adam