ports/116551: x11/xorg - Various applications crash the xserver on r100 radeon / Xorg 7.3

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Sun Sep 23 07:30:13 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/116551; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, adamk at voicenet.com
Subject: Re: ports/116551: x11/xorg - Various applications crash the
	xserver on r100 radeon / Xorg 7.3
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:22:23 -0400

 The problem still exists even after manually installing libXrender from
 the git source repository.

 At the moment, this is a huge bug (at least for me) as X is pretty
 useless if nearly every application is crashing the server.

 I have noticed that my original thoughts about the crash happening from
 any application linking to libXrender is incorrect.  xterm is linked to
 libXrender, but doesn't crash the X server.  Does xterm actually make
 use of the RENDER extension, though?

 Adam