problems with xdm after xorg upgrade

Michiel Boland michiel at boland.org
Mon Sep 17 02:35:02 PDT 2007

Hi. After the xorg upgrade, there are some very annoying problems with
xdm.

- xdm appears to read the config somewhere from /usr/local/share/examples.
   IMHO this is no place to store live configuration data. But I understand
   this is already being fixed (although appearently not yet in the port)

- the bigger problem I have is that it appears that xdm no longer reads
   login.conf. That is, neither /etc/login.conf nor ~/.login_conf. This is
   very annoying and basically means I have to replicate my .login_conf in
   .xsession. I think this is a regression.

Cheers
Michiel