ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on a PCIe x800

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Fri Sep 14 12:31:18 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 09:24:21AM -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> The original bug with the screen corruption is definitely fixed (though
> it doesn't look like there have been many DRM changes in -CURRENT
> lately, so I'm not sure what actually fixed it).

So the bug probably still exists in 6.x I guess? I experienced screen
corruption with dri and FreeBSD 6.2 on a Thinkpad T43p, which also has
PCIe and an ATI GPU. My understanding was, that it's probably a bug in
ati_pcigart.c and that there is not much hope that this would be fixed
in 6.x?

Would it be of interest to anyone if I try to verify the problem with
Xorg 7.3 and FreeBSD 6.x/-CURRENT?

Uwe