new emerald in ports (0.5.2) + beryl = problem?

Yousif Hassan yousif at alumni.jmu.edu
Fri Sep 14 06:37:58 PDT 2007

> The beryl port will not move, in fact it will go away very soon.  You
> need to be moving to compiz.  All of the relevant parts are in the tree
> now.  The 0.6.0 version of compiz-fusion is due any day now.

This is as I expected, and good news.  Are the KDE components in there
now, or are those due in 0.6.0?  I see that ccsm is in ports -- that's
great!

> heliodor is in ports, aquamarine is not.  emerald is only a dependency
> of the metaport.

There are versions of aquamarine ports out there that can be used since
there isn't one officially checked in.  I'm using one and it does work
flawlessly.  If anyone's interested, a quick search of the x11 mailing
list archives will return some links.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.

--y