new emerald in ports (0.5.2) + beryl = problem?

Yousif Hassan yousif at alumni.jmu.edu
Thu Sep 13 14:54:28 PDT 2007

Hey all:

I took the "chance" of upgrading emerald to 0.5.2 - I'm pretty sure this
new port revision is in there to eventually support compiz-fusion, which
is also at 0.5.2 since emerald is now part of that.  However, there's
still a dependency on emerald from the beryl port - and the beryl port
hasn't moved!

To wit, if you're using Beryl, as I am, there seems to be a problem.
The new 0.5.2 Emerald decorator doesn't work.  I know what the problem
is, but I can't seem to solve it:

beryl: decoration: property ignored because version is 20070319 and
decoration plugin version is 20061011

20070319 certainly makes sense since this is a new version of emerald,
but even after updating x11-themes/emerald-themes, I can't get the
decorations to load.

Is there another module that should be made a dependency that I need to
update/install?  Or is the problem beryl (in which case, it may or may
not get fixed there...?)

I'm sure this will be sorted out eventually, I just wanted to get the
ball rolling in case this problem has not been discovered yet.

Thanks.
Yousif