two questions

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 00:34:04 PDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> On 2007-Sep-13 07:09:19 +0000, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >1) How do I determine what my current resolution and color depth are (i.e
> .
> >the ones that are actually be used right now)... gnome's screen
> resolution
> >tool crashs on me
>
> xdpyinfo

Thanks says 1680x1050 which is what I expected (says it supports 32 bit
depth but when I try that instead of 24 X fails to init the screen so any
ideas would be nice here)

>2) I have installed the following configuration and the screen blanks for a
> >fraction of a second at arbitrary points (kind of like a "blink") how do
> >go about debugging/fixing this
>
> I can't really help with this.  Some suggestions to ponder:
> Is there anything that is going on when this happens?

Before I modified the xorg.conf I thought is was heavy I/O (disk?) but that
seems to be less of an issue now that I have the above settings in effect
(right before you sent this I was thinking it might be calling some kind of
sync at the wrong time?)

Are you able to (temporarily) swap the monitor with another system to
> confirm that it's your system and not a monitor problem.

No since the card only supports DVI and the current monitor is the only DVI
one I have.

--Aryeh