Updating X.org FreeBSD ports to 7.3

sarek aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 18:39:05 PDT 2007

This is probally a really dumb question but after repeatingly searching the
web I can find the answer:

After (or before) gunziping the file how do I actually patch my ports tree
with the updates.... patch<xorg7.3.diff asks for the dist file

I disperatly need this this since 7.2 doesn't support my card and from what
I can tell 7.3 does (nvidia 8400 gs pci-e).... maybe someone can give me an
other workaround:

1. nvidia-driver reconizes it
2. nvidia-xconfig reconizes it with the --enable-all-gpus option
3. lspci (in pciutils) correctly identifies it
4. When I run X I get no devices found even after I set the BusID correctly

config:

6.2 latest cvsup version (as of two hrs ago)
nvidia driver 1.0.14
curring using standard 7.2 xorg meta-port