ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on a PCIe x800

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Tue Sep 4 04:10:06 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/106370; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, adamk at voicenet.com
Subject: Re: ports/106370: Screen corruption when using Direct Rendering on
	a PCIe x800
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 07:02:41 -0400

 I updated another i386 machine over the weekend (with an AGP x700) and
 finally had a chance to sit down in front of it.  It's experiencing the
 same black window problem as the PCIe x850 machine, so it appears to be
 completely unrelated to the screen corruption I used to get on the x850
 machine.  Since it's a separate issue, and since the screen corruption
 is gone, I see no problem with closing this bug.

 If I can't resolve the black window problem (which isn't really an
 accurate description as fire demo appears all white except for the text,
 which shows up fine), I'll open up a separate pr for it.

 Adam