Xorg impossible problems

Dino Vliet dino_vliet at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 12:20:20 PST 2007

Toni Schmidbauer <toni at stderror.at> wrote: At Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:43:11 -0700 (PDT),
Dino Vliet wrote:
>    from time to time, Xorg crashes and won't restart (especially when I'm using firefox) and I have found firefox.core, gnash.core and metacity.core files in my home directory afterwards

i actually have the same problems, but i'm using the nv driver (quadro
fx 560). i think this is somehow related to xorg and
gnash/firefox. can you try to disable the gnash plugin in firefox? i'm
not completely sure but xorg seems to be more stable since then.

toni
--
Wer es einmal so weit gebracht hat, dass er nicht | toni at it-austria dot net
mehr irrt, der hat auch zu arbeiten aufgehoert    | Toni Schmidbauer

Thanks Toni,

I was running gnash indeed and found it out the hard way. I was experiencing this bad behavior because I was running securelevel 3 ass well so Xorg kept crashing like crazy and I couldn't do anything else.

I finally gave up on gnash and hopefully everything will work better now.

Thanks for your help. This message of yours made me uninstall gnash and I think for the better.

Brgds
Dino