mga patch

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sun Nov 4 06:06:30 PST 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Stanislav Sedov wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 01:12:41PM -0600 Warren Block mentioned:
>> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
>>
>>> It's looks like that mga driver was updated to the wrong snapshot
>>> (from the incorrect branch).
>>
>> Which version?
>
> I have compared both the 1.9.100 and 1.4.7 versions to git HEAD,
> and 1.4.7 is much closer.
>
> 1.9.100 doesn't work for a lot of people, take a look at
> for example.

1.4.7 doesn't work for a lot of people, either, at least anybody who
wants to use dualhead.  Or xrandr-1.2.  My bug report on that is

> Can you check if it will work with the patch?

1.4.7 with your patch (and my patch to xorg-server) behaves as expected:
no dualhead with either old or new (xrandr-1.2) xorg.conf.

>>> The patch attached reverts the port back to 1.4.7 version (which is
>>> looks like the latest version available) and also adds some patches
>>> from git for known problems.

I'd suggest leaving the xf86-video-mga as it is (1.9.100, the newer
xrandr-1.2 driver).

Add another port for the legacy version (1.4.7) for those who need it
until the newer driver replaces it entirely.