mga patch

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at embarqmail.com
Sat Nov 3 15:01:25 PDT 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 23:27:31 +0300
Stanislav Sedov <stas at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 01:12:41PM -0600 Warren Block mentioned:
> > On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> >
> >> It's looks like that mga driver was updated to the wrong snapshot
> >> (from the incorrect branch).
> >
> > Which version?
>
> I have compared both the 1.9.100 and 1.4.7 versions to git HEAD,
> and 1.4.7 is much closer.
>
> 1.9.100 doesn't work for a lot of people, take a look at
> for example.
>

> >> It caused a lot of problems for people with Matrox cards, if fact i
> >> haven't heard about any 'success story' with it:-)
> >
> > Not sure what you mean.  Several of us are using xf86-video-mga 1.9.100
> > like this:
> >
> > http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/mgapatch/xorg-patch.txt
>
> Can you check if it will work with the patch?
>

> >> The patch attached reverts the port back to 1.4.7 version (which is
> >> looks like the latest version available) and also adds some patches
> >> from git for known problems.
> >
> > No patch attached.
> >

> Ok, probably I forgot it, it's in place now.

I just did the patch (mga.diff):

	xf86-video-mga-1.4.7,1 X.Org mga display driver

Built and installed with no problems and everything seems to be
as it should be.

I do have to say that I did learn more about Xorg in trying to
use the newer driver.  I probably wouldn't have if the new driver
had just worked out of the box.

This definitely needs to get committed before the upcoming release(s).

Thanks for fixing this!

Randy