xorg Upgrade Problem

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Tue May 29 01:27:15 UTC 2007

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> After following the documentation on how to upgrade to xorg 7.2,
> everything appeared to work.  However, I cannot start X because
> it apparently did not install any drivers for the video card, mouse,
> etc.
>
> Ideas?

Ooops, I just realized I didn't send any system info:

6.2-STABLE as of a day ago

Intel D946ZISSL MOBO + 3.2Ghz Pentium D w/2G Memory

It seems to have done the upgrade OK except that xkeyboard-config seems
not to be installing - it looks like there is a bug in the port
Makefile, but I've not had time to chase it down yet.

If I try to explicitly install the xf86.... video driver port,
it blows out because of a dependency on xkeyboard-config.

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com