xorg 7.2 with FreeBSD 6.2 on T41 keyboard failure

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Fri May 25 21:34:05 UTC 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 23:21:32 Doug Barton wrote:
> Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:
> > ok, I got this fixed by defining a env var
> > XKEYSYMDB=/usr/local/share/X11/XKeysymDB
> > everything goes well now
>
> D'oh, should have read further in the thread, sorry. This solution
> works for me if I set the environment variable in the shell before
> typing 'startx', but doesn't work if I just put it in my xinitrc file.
> Weird.
>
> Anyone on the x11 team want to comment on this one?

Well...
With modular ports we install some files in /usr/local/share/X11 and some
in /usr/local/lib/X11. In this particular case, the server expects them to be
in /usr/local/lib/X11. I'm not decided on whether we should move all in lib
or modify default search path in server. Having them in lib mirrors previous
location in /usr/X11R6 (where also mergebase script will move any custom
app-defaults for example), but having such files in share feels a bit more
intuitive...

Dejan