make realclean

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Wed May 23 12:08:59 UTC 2007

Hello,

----- "Heinrich Rebehn" <rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> when trying to resume an aborted compilation, i get:
>
> root at antsrv1 [/usr/ports/graphics/dri] # make install clean
> ===>  Building for dri-6.5.3_1,2
> Please run 'make realclean' before changing configs
> gmake: *** [freebsd-dri] Error 1
> *** Error code 2

I think this message comes from the program's Makefile, not the port's one. You could cd to the "work" directory and the directory where sources have been extracted, you'll be able to "make realclean". But if I were you, I would just "make clean" (or rm -rf work) in the port's directory to restart the compilation at the beginning.

> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dri.
> root at antsrv1 [/usr/ports/graphics/dri] # make realclean
> make: don't know how to make realclean. Stop
> root at antsrv1 [/usr/ports/graphics/dri] #
>

> Huh? The port suggests doing "make realclean" yet does not know how to
> "make realclean" ? Besides, i did not change any configs

The port doesn't suggest that. But the dri sources do. There's a difference between /usr/ports/*/*/Makefile and /usr/ports/*/*/work/*/Makefile.

Olivier