New installation of xorg 7.2 from ports

Olivier olivier at gid0.org
Sun May 20 18:14:15 UTC 2007

----- "Florent Thoumie" <flz at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> A fix should be committed to BSD.usr.dist to create the symlink, but
> this won't solve the problem until people upgrade world.

But why should a "clean" system have a /usr/X11R6 at all ? I tried a "pkg_delete -a && rm -rf /usr/X11R6" before installing xorg, and I applied the minor patch in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=112796 to make xorg-libraries. Now I don't have /usr/X11R6 and all the ports I installed are happy with that. Everything compiled, installed and now run without /usr/X11R6.

FreeBSD can now use xorg modular, and we got rid of X11BASE. Thanks for your great work ! Maybe some ports will be broken without /usr/X11R6, but I'm sure it will be OK in few days/weeks after patchs.

Please keep FreeBSD X11R6-free !

Olivier

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."