Ready to merge?

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 18 22:08:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 05:43:09PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 05:29:40PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > I think we are in a good shape to merge to CVS.  Some additional notes
> > should be added to UPDATING:
> >
> > * Update the module path if you are going to keep the same xorg.conf
> >
> > * If you run into problems running the new server, try moving aside
> > your xorg.conf and letting X autocreate it (this will happen
> > automatically when launching the server).
> >
> > * make sure you have the x11/xorg metaport installed; some people do
> > not have it instaled on 6.9 and consequently miss out on a lot of the
> > new xorg 7.2 sub-ports.
> >
> > * Change the 'portsdb -U' to 'cd /usr/ports; make index' to work
> > around a weird portupgrade bug.
>
> Actually I don't think this one is needed, the index will be built as
> normal once it is in CVS.

INDEX builds on builder (which then are uploaded to www for fetchindex)
take several hours on the poor, ancient machine, so if you have an
approx. time when this goes in, i can try to schedule the start of the
build for immediately after.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin at aauug.dk