Ready to merge?
kris at obsecurity.org
Fri May 18 21:29:41 UTC 2007
I think we are in a good shape to merge to CVS. Some additional notes
should be added to UPDATING:
* Update the module path if you are going to keep the same xorg.conf
* If you run into problems running the new server, try moving aside
your xorg.conf and letting X autocreate it (this will happen
automatically when launching the server).
* make sure you have the x11/xorg metaport installed; some people do
not have it instaled on 6.9 and consequently miss out on a lot of the
new xorg 7.2 sub-ports.
* Change the 'portsdb -U' to 'cd /usr/ports; make index' to work
around a weird portupgrade bug.
* linux-realplayer and acroread7 need a bump if they didnt already get
* Note to users of gstreamer ports that they also require special
steps to upgrade: change the 'portupgrade -a' step to
portupgrade -a -x 'gstreamer*'
then once this completes do:
portupgrade -Rr 'gstreamer*'
Are you aware of any other remaining issues?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/attachments/20070518/3ec45c71/attachment.pgp
More information about the freebsd-x11