Ready to merge?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri May 18 21:29:41 UTC 2007

I think we are in a good shape to merge to CVS.  Some additional notes
should be added to UPDATING:

* Update the module path if you are going to keep the same xorg.conf

* If you run into problems running the new server, try moving aside
your xorg.conf and letting X autocreate it (this will happen
automatically when launching the server).

* make sure you have the x11/xorg metaport installed; some people do
not have it instaled on 6.9 and consequently miss out on a lot of the
new xorg 7.2 sub-ports.

* Change the 'portsdb -U' to 'cd /usr/ports; make index' to work
around a weird portupgrade bug.

* linux-realplayer and acroread7 need a bump if they didnt already get
one

* Note to users of gstreamer ports that they also require special
steps to upgrade: change the 'portupgrade -a' step to

portupgrade -a -x 'gstreamer*'

then once this completes do:

portupgrade -Rr 'gstreamer*'

Are you aware of any other remaining issues?

Kris