s3 unichrome driver

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 1 01:50:35 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 05:54:40PM -0700, Richard Neese wrote:
> is anyone working to port this driver into the ports tree. it seems to be
> missing . I know verry little c . so any one who could help I would make a
> donation. its needed for via epia motherboards and we have 60 of them.
>
> they are all work stations.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, if you mean which driver is used
for xorg and these cards (well, they're usually onboard) the via driver
works.

I have the feeling that I'm missing a point though.  Is this for 3D and
the like?  The via driver works in the sense that for my needs, where I
just want a pretty standard xorg, they're fine--however, I don't use 3D,
beryl or any of that.

HTH, but not sure that it does.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Oz: Sometimes when I'm sitting in class...you know, I'm not
thinking about class 'cause that would never happen... I think
about kissing you. And it's like everything stops, it's like,
freeze frame: Willow kissage.