What can I do?

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Thu Mar 22 13:48:36 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 09:43, Florent Thoumie wrote:
> Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> >>
> >> I am not. I have no idea what the problems are, or how to solve them.
> >> Just so we're clear, it won't stop X.org 7.2 happening in ports :-)
> >
> > So it's going to be rolled out even though one of the great new and
> > improved features of 7.2 is broken on FreeBSD? :-)
> >
> > Well, it's not my decision to make, but it seems like a bad decision to
> > me.
>
> Too bad you're not the one to decide then :-)
>
> Feel free to clone my git repo and maintain xorg out of the tree until
> this is resolved. Cause once we fixed all broken ports, if it's not
> going in, don't ask me to do anymore work on Xorg. I think I had my
> share (and a fair one).

Please understand that I am very appreciative of all the work you guys are
doing.  It's been a major undertaking, and you've gone a hell of a job.  It's
just sad, for me, to see that the only way to get a stable 3D desktop in
FreeBSD currently, and in the foreseeable future, is exclusively with nVidia
cards.

Adam