What can I do?

Rainer Goellner rainer at jabbe.de
Thu Mar 22 07:40:56 UTC 2007

Hi there,

As Mark Linimon told me in response to my grumbling
post of yesterday, there's just one person left
active at the moment. So I'd like be a little bit
more constructive this time: Is there any _limited_
area I can help to get that xorg thing into the
ports tree in the conceivable future?

What I have now is a working release 6.2 system,
built around march 7, with xorg related ports from
the git tree and X11BASE set to LOCALBASE. The
hardware probably is kind of archaic, just an
Athlon XP system and, yes, that _is_ special, a
Matrox G550 connected to a real CRT. Sorry, didn't
even try to get 3D working so far.

Any hints what I can help? I understand C/C++, am
used to poke around in the system code (but not to
using the debugger) and do have an idea how ports
work, but didn't dig into the xorg sources very
deep so far.

And sorry for my grumbling; it just seemed so
naturally to me to commit at last 'cause everything
was working seemed flawless to me - so it really was
more of an encouragement ;-)

  Rainer