Xorg woes

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Sun Jul 8 16:32:22 UTC 2007

Andrew Walters wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I'm not sure how to go about this - I have gone back to the handbook and
> Chapter 5 covering X Windows and can't see a way to configure it any way
> other than following the instructions to type in "Xorg -configure". Do
> you mean to startup and then just try startx? This just results in a
> black screen for me at present.
>
> I have probably misunderstood.

OK, here is what I suggest you do:

- When replying, send it to the list, x11 at freebsd.org. The more people
who read your message the bigger is the chance of getting help.
- Always add replies to the *end* of the message you are replying to.
- Try to start xorg without any graphics drivers loaded and without an
xorg.conf.
- Start a new thread on x11 at freebsd.org and *include* the xorg logfile
located at
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
in your message.
I will be travelling for the next few days and not sure I can respond
during the week. Use the list please.

HTH,

Per olof