linux-flashplugin-9: NSPlugin Wrapper ERROR

Dave Grochowski malus.x at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 16:54:34 UTC 2007

Hey,

Andrew Muhametshin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I do not know, whether this information will be useful? But just in
> case I shall inform on it.
>
> On some web pages, аfter first several seconds, playing Flash-movies
> stops, and in the console there is a following:
>
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_Write() invoke: Connection closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_DestroyStream() invoke: Connection
> closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_URLNotify() invoke: Connection closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_Destroy() invoke: Connection closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NP_Shutdown() invoke: Connection closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_WriteReady() invoke: Connection
> closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_WriteReady() invoke: Connection
> closed
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_WriteReady() invoke: Connection
> closed
> <...> This line repeats, the page will not be closed.<...>
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_WriteReady() invoke: Connection
> closed
>
> It occurs in firefox and konqueror.
>
> Example problem a web of pages here:
>   http://www.pengyou-project.info/en/index.php
>   http://www.pengyou-project.info/en/demo.php
>
> $ pkg_info -E nsplug\* kde-3\* firefox\* linux-flash\*
>   firefox-2.0.0.4,1
>   kde-3.5.7
>   linux-flashplugin-9.0r31_1
>   nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.4_2
Flash 9 is known to not work with FreeBSD's Linux emulation. I don't
think it is an nspluginwrapper bug, since Flash 9 does work properly in
NetBSD with the nspluginwrapper. I'm not sure if anyone has taken the
time to figure out what the problem is, though if I find some time in
the near future I will probably attempt to investigate it.

Sincerely,
Dave Grochowski