modular x11 and mousie buttons

Howard Goldstein howard at goldstein-pa.com
Thu Jan 4 07:04:05 PST 2007

A huge thank you Florent and other contributors for the impressive,
successful, and I know strenuous effort on getting the modular x.org
moved into freebsd.  Wow!  As you all know, it works fine under
the i386 6.2RC2 with the nvidia stuff.  Everything works flawlessly
(I'm usually no more than a day being the stuff you push to the git
xorg origin)

Wanted to ping Florent specifically on two things and your email
@freebsd.org bounces with a 4xx don't like you.  You indicated on your
blog in a November entry something about the input drivers all being
borked except for keyboard, mouse, and evdev.  The last one has me
interested even though it's a linux device since I was hoping to
exploit its functionality to take advantage of these cool extra mouse
buttons.  Is evdev supposed to work on our freebsd machines?  I think
I read it wrong.

Assuming it isn't supposed to work I would volunteer to assist in the
effort to support these extra mice buttons.  Would you be the contact
person to send patches to?  I'm assuming evdev shouldn't work but if
it does, someone please let me know so I don't reinvent the wheel.

And again, thanks to all.