wine 0.9.31 build failure on X.org 7.2

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:42:15 UTC 2007

Gerald Pfeifer schreef:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Rene Ladan wrote:
>> I tried building wine from todays cvs but it fails at the same point.
>>
>> Adding -lXau to the EXTRALIBS= line in wine/dlls/winenas.drv/Makefile
>> provides a quick fix.  The build then completes successfully.
>
> Would you mind giving the patch below a try?  Apply this to the top-level
> configure.ac file in the Wine source tree, then run `autoconf261` and then
> try building Wine again.
>
> It did survive a test build on FreeBSD 5.x with an older version of X.
>
> If it works for you, I'll submit it upstraem.  Autoconf is not my home
> ground at all...

It doesn't work, because the generated configure script is 'wrong':
when compiling the test program for libXau, it forgets to add
-L/usr/X11R6/lib (or something similar) to the compiler command.  So
configure thinks I don't have libXau, which leads to the same old error.

I've fixed your patch to include this flag, the result is attached.

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001