wine 0.9.31 build failure on X.org 7.2

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:14:05 UTC 2007

Gerald Pfeifer schreef:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Rene Ladan wrote:
>>>   cvs -d:pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.com:/home/wine co wine
>>>   cd wine
>>>   ./configure
>>>   make depend ; make
>>>
>> I only get login errors here:
>> PAM authenticate error: Authentication failure
>> cvs checkout: authorization failed: server cvs.winehq.com rejected
>> access to /home/wine for user cvs
>> cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password
>>
>> 'cvs -d... login' gives the same result.  Creating an empty ~/.cvspass
>> doesn't help.
>
> Sorry, I missed the fact that I had this cached on all my machines.
> I checked, and also verified this with a blank account, and specifying
> "cvs" (without the quotes) as the password for `cvs login` should work.
>
> Gerald

I tried building wine from todays cvs but it fails at the same point.

Adding -lXau to the EXTRALIBS= line in wine/dlls/winenas.drv/Makefile
provides a quick fix.  The build then completes successfully.
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001