beryl problems

Csaba Molnar molnarcs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:07:51 UTC 2007

2007. February 8. 16.54 dátummal Ivan Voras ezt írta:
> I can't get beryl working. AFAIK, just running beryl-manager is enough
>
> to get it started, right? But i get this:
> > beryl-manager
> > glxinfo: not found
>
> ** (beryl-manager:1215): CRITICAL **: No Display Manager Found!: Unknown
> error: 0
>

> Other applications work fine and DRI seems to be working. I'm using
> xfce4.4 and its window manager.
>
> Any ideas?

The glxinfo message is not inportant - I get the same, and beryl still works.
> ** (beryl-manager:1215): CRITICAL **: No Display Manager Found!: Unknown
> error: 0

One of the most common errors I've seen on beryl forums. It can be due to many
reasons - it is difficult to say what it is in your case without knowing your
setup. I have an nvidia card with the nvidia binary drivers. My xorg.conf is
here:
ftp://hatvani.unideb.hu/personal/screenshots/beryl/xorg.conf

I use KDE, and I changed the window manager to beryl in .xinitrc:

export KDEWM=beryl
exec startkde

I also start up aquamarine decorator via .kde/Autostart (with a 10 seconds
delay, because it won't start simultaneously).

Try opening a terminal while running xfce, and type beryl --replace &&
emerald --replace - and see what error messages it spits out. In case you
have an nvidia card, it should work (with xorg.conf similar to mine).