Git tree fails make index

Niclas Zeising niclas.zeising at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:09:18 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, SirDice <sirdice at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just updated the git portstree. It fails on a make index.
>
> Generating INDEX-6 - please wait..desktopbsd-tools-1.1:
> "/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
> ===> sysutils/desktopbsd-tools failed
> *** Error code 1
>
> Looking at the tree I see a new category ports-mgmt where portupgrade
> got moved to. Seems desktopbsd-tools wasn't updated to reflect this move.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Remko C.

It might be that the port is updated, but it hasn't hit the git ports
tree yet. If you can, verify that you get the same error on a regular
ports tree, then contact the port manager, otherwise, the port is
fixed and you have to wait for it to hit the git ports tree or copy
over the updated desktopbsd-tools Makefile from the regular ports
tree.

The compy of the makefile might break a later 'git pull origin xorg',
so keep the other (the original) Makefile around and switch back
before updating your git ports tree.
HTH!
//Niclas