weirdness with mozilla products after symlinking

Howard Goldstein hg at queue.to
Sun Apr 29 04:12:55 UTC 2007

I don't want to raise a false alarm, but I seem to have on my sys a
correlation between the /usr/X11R6->/usr/local symlink after moving
X11BASE and consistently easily repeatable coredumps with thunderbird
1.5.0 and up as well as the most recent seamonkey.

If you have the /usr/X11R6->/usr/local symlink and one of those products
do you see a coredump under this condition on an i386 box:

1. start thunderbird or seamonkey's MUA
2. compose an email with an attachment and send it
3. compose another email and another attachment and send it
4. compose one more email adn another attachment

Do you coredump at 3 or 4?  If so, does it stop coredumping after you
remove the symlink?