Update on portupgrade status?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Apr 26 05:49:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 09:42:33AM +0400, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >Hi Sem,
> >
> >Can you give us an update on your progress on the problems with
> >portupgrade?  We are waiting for your evaluation so we can determine
> >how to proceed with the xorg import.
> >

> The problem has discovered and it is a long standing (krion has met it
> when updated xterm). The work is in progress now but very slowly because
> of my real work. I think I will able do much more on this holidays (3
> days). But I don't know who could test a new portupgrade version.

I am happy to test it, and our plan is to have an extensive pre-commit
testing phase for the xorg upgrade once we think we have something
ready for general use.

If you think you can get something ready for testing within the next
week I am happy to wait for it.  Also, if it is easy to provide an
option to disable the new changed behaviour that might help in case
there is a problem that we do not discover in testing.

Thanks for your help!

Kris