Xorg X700 3d Radeon support

Steve Roome steve at pepcross.com
Mon Oct 23 22:16:09 PDT 2006

Some time ago I downloaded a newer ATI driver (xf86-video-ati-6.5.8.0)
which I got working (with DRI/GLX) on 6-stable with the X.Org 6.9.0
server port.

It seems to me that folks have been asking for newer radeon support
for some time (self included), but it always seems to be just around
the corner.

Now that I've got it I'm keen to save anyone else from buying a macbook
just because "FreeBSD is rubbish for graphics" (I'm quoting many people)

I've been using this for over a month now and it's fine for a bit of
cheesy eye-candy (reallyslick works okay on stuff without accumulation
buffers IIRC - they just go slower), but how long before it's in the
ports (or a newer version again) and is someone working on this.

	Steve Roome